MEET AND KNOW MORE ABOUT US
Kelly delos Santos (Peaches)
I opened up Peaches’ Happy Preschool and Daycare in January 2000 while caring for my infant son. I am happily married and we have four adult children and four grandchildren.
The field of child development is always changing. As a childcare provider and parent, I am
dedicated to keeping abreast of recent studies and broadening my knowledge of the many facets
of children, families, and childcare. Children are the best teachers, and I use every daily
interaction with them to learn more. I also take advantage of the variety of trainings, workshops,
and conferences related to child development and childcare in our area. Here is a summary of
trainings I have participated in:
- Adult, Infant, and Child CPR
- CA Child Care First Aid
- CA Child Care Preventative Health & Safety
WE BELIEVE IN…
- a child’s independence. Play is a child’s job! Therefore we focus widely on play based learning activities and curriculum.
- the resilience of every child. We do not have “time out’s,” but we do practice positive reinforcement with clear consistent limits and leading by example.
- constantly fulfilling a child’s needs. Children will always have a desire for love, belonging, respect, mastery, a need to be challenged, meaning, routine and safety. We help in providing all of that.
- being reliable and consistent. We understand that you are your child depend and reply upon us.
- being empathetic. Everyone wants to feel special. We understand that each family has its own personality and needs.
- positive child outcomes. We strongly believe that when your child graduates from our program, they will have social competence, problem solving skills, a good sense of self identity, purpose and a bright future!
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss
Established in 2000, Peaches Happy Preschool and Daycare strives to provide quality childcare in Hercules, California. Being in the daycare business for over twenty years, the preschool’s philosophy has and always will be “Good quality of daycare, with unparallel service to match; We never stop looking for ways to improve our program and enhance the environment for the children.” Our main focus is the children in our care and providing an environment that enhances development and facilitates learning through active and meaningful learning experiences. Everyone is born with a disposition to learn and will seek opportunities to learn. We provide opportunities for the children to practice, explore and deepen their understanding and knowledge through hands on, minds on and feelings on experiences. Play is an important part of a children’s development. It is how young children understand the world around them. Some of the activities the children engage in are art, sensory play and music. We have story time and outdoor play. Each child is given the opportunity to express him/herself in independent and group play, but we also make sure to spend one-on-one time with each child throughout the day. At Peaches’ Happy Preschool and Daycare, the children have the chance to develop important
first friendships. A family group daycare provides them with opportunities to form close relationships with other children. Establishing a consistent, nurturing relationship is also important to the development of young children. These are some of the many advantages of choosing family childcare for your child.
Breakfast, Morning Snack, Lunch, and Dinner. Organic foods are served along with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- School supplies (Pre-K Workbooks, folders, crayons, pencils, scissors, markers, glue, glue sticks, etc.)
- Backpack for schoolwork, etc.
- Kleenex tissues
- Diapers and wipes (Huggies)
- Preschool Curriculum Program
- JumpBunch Sports and Fitness Program
Parents will need to provide the following:
- Two (2) sets of clothing, including socks
- A throw blanket to stay in their own cubby (a little smaller than twin blanket)