MEET AND KNOW MORE ABOUT US
Kelly delos Santos (Peaches)
I opened up Peaches’ Happy Preschool and Daycare in January 2000 while caring for my infant son. I am happily married and we have four adult children and four grandchildren.
The field of child development is always changing. As a childcare provider and parent, I am
dedicated to keeping abreast of recent studies and broadening my knowledge of the many facets
of children, families, and childcare. Children are the best teachers, and I use every daily
interaction with them to learn more. I also take advantage of the variety of trainings, workshops,
and conferences related to child development and childcare in our area. Here is a summary of
trainings I have participated in:
- Adult, Infant, and Child CPR
- CA Child Care First Aid
- CA Child Care Preventative Health & Safety
WE BELIEVE IN…
- a child’s independence. Play is a child’s job! Therefore we focus widely on play based learning activities and curriculum.
- the resilience of every child. We do not have “time out’s,” but we do practice positive reinforcement with clear consistent limits and leading by example.
- constantly fulfilling a child’s needs. Children will always have a desire for love, belonging, respect, mastery, a need to be challenged, meaning, routine and safety. We help in providing all of that.
- being reliable and consistent. We understand that you are your child depend and reply upon us.
- being empathetic. Everyone wants to feel special. We understand that each family has its own personality and needs.
- positive child outcomes. We strongly believe that when your child graduates from our program, they will have social competence, problem solving skills, a good sense of self identity, purpose and a bright future!
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss